Meet Kathleen and Paul, who recently built their condo in Walker Villas. We loved working with them and creating their vision. Think moving to a condo means you can’t make any changes or do any customization? That’s not true when you build with us in Walker Villas! We will create the home you are envisioning.
We have lived here since January of 2019.
It's quiet but close to town! We love the trails meandering throughout the Walker Meadows neighborhood that we are nestled in and have met great new neighbors in Walker Villas and Walker Meadows. It’s nice to be tucked inside this lovely neighborhood.
It was good to have the ability to customize our condo to meet our needs for today and for the future, working with the team to incorporate what we wanted in our condo. If moving to a ranch condo is something you are contemplating, know that the builder here in Walker Villas can and will customize your home.
The customizations to our Captiva floor plan included:
· The wall and door to the closet and wall were removed and the door to the laundry room when you first come in from the garage was removed and made into one open mudroom. Slate look tiles were added, and instead of an arched opening to the kitchen/great room from the mudroom we added a pocket door.
· In the kitchen we did the upgraded deluxe kitchen with an addition at the end of the pantry of 3 stack drawers and above it a glass door cabinet.
· We had the angle from the entry from the great room to our bedroom changed to a more private entry so that from the great room and kitchen it wasn't an obvious view of the bedroom, which created more privacy for us. We also had the master closet changed a little to accommodate changing the entry to the bedroom.
· We provided a picture of what we preferred for the fireplace front and mantel and they were able to create a very close replica.
· We asked that instead of adding the option of a sunroom at the end of our bedroom to take that same square footage and add half to the bedroom and the other half or close to it to the master bath.
We definitely have more than one favorite. First, the extended covered patio with fireplace and the addition of the power screen, fencing and additional landscaping. It allows us to sit outside with screening and not need to put the screens in our windows that look out on the patio when we open them. Second, we love the flow of the inside of our condo and the plentiful storage we have.
Ask questions. The team was always willing to get the answer if they didn't know. Which is much better than guessing the answer. They were able to make our dreams a reality.